PayPal never honors my settings for Personal Payments

Katgo1
Contributor
Contributor

Even though I have settings to only accept Personal payments for my PayPal.me link, a transaction came through that I was not able to refuse with fees debited. I immediately refunded the amount and asked the person to re-do the transaction as a personal payment (even though my settings should have automatically rejected a business payment). However, I saw that PayPal returned the entire amount taking the fees from my PayPal balance. I've tried to contact Customer Service about this erroneous transaction, but keep getting robotic answers. They just keep closing the thread without escalating to a human who can review this situation. In the past, the transaction could be refused or immediately refunded and redone correctly if the other person accidentally chose the wrong form of payment. Now PayPal seems to ignore our settings in favor of taking fees whenever they can. We ended up completing the transaction outside of PayPal. Even credit card companies refund fees when there is a mistake. Any suggestions on how to escalate this to a live human?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.