PayPal.me will not except payment

kdsouth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recently created a new PayPal.me link and sent it to someone to pay me. When they tried to pay, they received the message "This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions." I do not have a website and I am not a business user, my account is personal. I've had a PayPal account for 21 years and have used it mostly to pay, infrequently to receive money. I can not find anything to change a setting for this in my account. If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. kds

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kdsouth,

I am sorry to hear that people have been unable to send you payments recently. If you haven't received a payment in a while, you may only be now encountering a change that happened a while back to the requirements for receiving payments. Please take a look at this article for information about what steps you may need to take. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kdsouth,

I am sorry to hear that people have been unable to send you payments recently. If you haven't received a payment in a while, you may only be now encountering a change that happened a while back to the requirements for receiving payments. Please take a look at this article for information about what steps you may need to take. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.