PayPal here reader with iZettle Go app.

TerryCouchman
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought the PayPal here card reader. And I have an iPad mini 3 running IOS 12.4.8. I have tried both the PayPal here app for iPad and iPhone but they both want me to use iZettle. I have gone ahead and setup iZettle with our PayPal and downloaded the app (iZettle go). When I try to connect the PayPal reader as a "Card Reader Pro Contactless" on the iZettle go app it is not listed under "Select An Accessory" using Bluetooth (I have the reader connected to the iPad). The "Card Reader Pro Contactless" from iZettle looks exactly like the PayPal one but with a iZettle logo on it. It even uses the same Bluetooth name scheme ("PayPal xxx" and "iZettle xxx"). Is there a way to use the PayPal reader with iZettle because its really annoying that both PayPal here apps no longer work but they still sell the card reader and I cant use the card reader with the new iZettle Go app.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ShinyPenny
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue here. I cannot seem to get any help from anybody about it either. Have you had any luck?

Login to Me Too

ThatCreativeGuy
New Community Member
Me too, exactly the same issue! Anybody got around this? Really annoying!
Login to Me Too

ShinyPenny
Contributor
Contributor

Call PayPal and mention it, ask about the forms. They will activate it. I had to provide some ID 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.