PayPal debit MasterCard

Laura3655
New Community Member
I don’t understand PayPal. I have a PayPal account, I have a credit limit, I can buy things online that accept PayPal. I have a paypal debit MasterCard. What do I do with this?? Why can’t I just use it like a credit card? Do I have to load money on this card? So confused
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laura3655 

The card is an extension of your PayPal balance for in-store (physical store) use or at online merchants that do not accept PayPal, like Amazon. You add the debit card to your amazon account and pay with that so funds come out of your PayPal balance or use card to pay in person at the supermarket, as examples.

The PayPal Debit MC is linked to and draws funds your PayPal balance so you do not need to link it like you would a third party debit or credit card at your paypal wallet, you just use your PayPal balance instead during checkout online with merchants that accept PayPal.

If you have no funds in your PayPal balance to use the card physically, then yes, you must load/add money to the card:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/walmart-debit-card

Or use your card to load cash* at over 100,000 retailers including Walmart, CVS and 7-Eleven.

*Up to $4.95 cash reload fee applies. This service fee is to add cash into your PayPal Cash Plus account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.