PayPal cash card being declined and customer service is closed - need my money!

Sbateman1013
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I loaded $350 onto my PayPal Cash Mastercard (debit card) at a Walmart store. I verified that the funds were loaded onto my PayPal balance and attempted to purchase groceries. The transaction was repeatedly declined despite having sufficient funds. I received a message to "Call Your Bank." Today, multiple Amazon transactions are being declined, but two random transactions from another online merchant were processed. So obviously the card is working - sort of. The big problem is that I tried to call my bank as advised, i.e. call PayPal, and they are freaking closed for Coronavirus! Now I understand there is currently a global pandemic, but a bank should NOT be allowed to shut down! I can't use my money! I am so angry I'm practically shaking. How dare they continue to allow customers to load money into their account, charge fees for the privilege, and then bar them from accessing those funds without good reason and without even notifying the customer?! This has got to be illegal. Beyond frustrated right now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.