PayPal app keeps crashing!

John_w
Contributor
Contributor
I’m using an iPhone to try an upload of photo of my ID to verify my identity because I wanted to cash a check. But after I take the photo and try to submit it the app crashes.
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @John_w,

I'm sorry to hear that the app is crashing when you try to upload documents. Does the document comply with the upload requirements? If the image size is too large, that may be the issue. Try taking a lower resolution picture and see if it is possible to upload that image. If the problem persists, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that resolves the issue.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

John_w
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, 

The problem is that the app is only letting me take a photo with my camera, I can't upload anything to it so resolution is outta my control. I have re-installed the app and it hasn't made a difference. Just waiting for a bug fix at this point.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @John_w,

I'm afraid that if the resolution of the picture is too big, it will prevent the image from being uploaded, and that would not be a bug. Is this document being uploaded to resolve a limitation, or for some other reason? 

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

John_w
Contributor
Contributor
Can’t adjust the resolution in anyway unless I get another phone with a lower quality camera and download the PayPal app on it. It is for a limitation but I have no other notification of one being on my account since it only happens when I try to upload a check.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @John_w,

If there's a limitation on your account, please try accessing your account from a computer in a browser, and see if you can upload the image through the Resolution Center to resolve the limitation. If there's no limitation on your account, please contact customer service for further troubleshooting. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

John_w
Contributor
Contributor

I asked a representative in the message center but he said there was a limit to how much he could so and I would have to talk to someone on the phone to correct the issue. 

Login to Me Too

SlyDurzo
New Community Member
Did you ever get this resolved or is this a bug related issue?
Login to Me Too

John_w
Contributor
Contributor
Nope, there’s definitely an issue with the app. I can’t do anything other than take a photo then having the app crash.
Login to Me Too

NFPP
Contributor
Contributor
My PayPal app crashes on my android phone as soon as I login. Straightaway. Shuts down. 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.