PayPal Pool

Ditaroberto
Contributor
Contributor
I set up a PayPal pool to raise funds to support a school in Uganda for hiv positive kids. I started to receive donations but now a few people are receiving an error that says, "Cannot proceed for now. Try again later." Why is this happening?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ditaroberto 

They have to have a paypal account to donate, check out link below. I know its a UK link but the facts are the same if the link works for you.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/money-pools-overview-and-frequently-asked-questions-faq3...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ditaroberto 

Could be a currency issue or an issue on their account, no way to know really.

However how are you going to 'send' the funds to Uganda?

Only paypal accounts in Uganda are not able to receive paypal payments, they can only send payments for purchases. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ditaroberto
Contributor
Contributor
As for transferring the money to Uganda, I will transfer the money into my bank account and withdraw the money here in Greece and take it with me when I'm volunteering for a week at the school. Another question, do the people who donate have to have a PayPal account or can anyone donate with their debit card? I've had donations from USA and UK so I don't think it's a currency thing. Thanks for such a fast response
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ditaroberto 

They have to have a paypal account to donate, check out link below. I know its a UK link but the facts are the same if the link works for you.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/money-pools-overview-and-frequently-asked-questions-faq3...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ditaroberto
Contributor
Contributor
So i was just looking at my Pool. When for example I share my pool on Facebook, a person clicks the link and it directs them to my pool on PayPal. Then in letters it says "Chip In". If you press that button and it gives you two options. First to sign into your PayPal account and then donate, and the other underneath say "Payment without an active PayPal account". You press this and it goes to the page where you can put your amount of donation and choose to be anonymous if you like. Then press next, and it takes you to a comment box to leave a message to the receiver. Then press next and it says "Pay by debit or credit card" allows you to put your details and billing address. Then press next and it gives you a confirmation button to confirm that you want to send the money. Just above that button it says this "You acknowledge the terms of service provided by PayPal to the person to whom you send the money and agree to the privacy statement . No PayPal account required". That very last sentence says No PayPal account required. You press the confirm button and then you get this message "A problem came up Your payment method is not working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank? If you are still having problems, please contact customer service. Could you please explain why they'd give you this option if they don't accept the payments. It's kinda crazy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.