PayPal.Me fees question

HoosierDaddyTim
New Community Member

Hello. I am trying to help a friend with a website. At the website he gives away images but wants to allow people to donate to his cause. Are there fees he must pay pay pal for each payment made by donators? If so, how can he limit or specify the minimum so that the customer or person donating doesn't donate below the amount charged for a transaction of .30 cents and 2.9% ? I take it there probably is no fee for this, but he insists I ask and I couldn't find documentation to specify how to limit the initial donation, or if it's possible?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

not_here

Hi @HoosierDaddyTim

If you're using a PayPal.me link to accept payments, you'll find that we describe how this feature works here. PayPal.Me is open to all account types, however business accounts can only accept Goods and Services payments, which would charge fees based on the information here.

In regards to limiting the amount of the donation, there isn't a way to do this when utilizing PayPal.me. You would copy the PayPal.me link and the fees are assessed based on the type of account you have. 

Hope this helps!
Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.