PayPal Extras Mastercard/Synchrony login problem

jcook31
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to view the account details on my PayPal Extras Mastercard and pay my bill online. However, every time it forwards me to the Synchrony Bank site, I get an error message saying "Login not permitted. We're sorry. We have a problem with your account that needs to be fixed before we can restore your online access. Please call us at <removed>"

I have tried calling Customer Service multiple times and they have never fixed the issue. The only customer service agent who ever even offered any kind of solution was one who said that certain web browsers won't work. But I have tried Chrome, Safari, Edge, and IE and still get the error message with all of them.  If none of those browsers work, then what browser does?

Has anybody else had this problem and maybe been more successful at getting a solution? It really makes me want to cancel my Mastercard since I am not able to view my statements or do anything else with my card online.
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Dani_0127
New Community Member
I am having the same problem the virtual assistant sent me to this address https://paypal.syf.com/eService/Payments/initiatePaymentsAction.action when you hit the Make a payment button it sends you to this address https://paypal.syf.com/eService/Payments/initiatePaypalPaymentsAction.action, just delete the PayPal in the address and it will go through to the payment screen! Its a bunch of bulls*** but it works!! But now it cant even get to the Paypal Mastercard home page, its saying grizzly error
Login to Me Too

hdurheim
New Community Member

Im having the same issue for 3 days now it goes from either grizzly error or bad request, I would love to be able to see the activity that has occurred on my card so I know where my charges are and whether or not said missing charges max out my card

Login to Me Too

SKW23
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried both links, neither one worked for me. This does seem like an intentional situation.

Login to Me Too

shiven91
New Community Member

I have had the same problem. 

Temp solutions: Go to your paypal account and right click "Make a Payment". Open it in incognito mode in chrome and you will have access to your account.

Login to Me Too

tomrugar
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, incognito mode worked for me! 

Login to Me Too

ryanpd111
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, customer service always make something up to get me off the phone or they transfer me around until I hang up. No different web browser works on the phone or pc, in incognitos mode or not. No one knows what's wrong or why and no one is prepared to help. I've had the issue for more than 7 months now. I have other cards, I'll just use them. Paypals stupidity is only costing themselves money.

Login to Me Too

Temp547
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I solved this issue. I was about to cancel this card, as I called Synchrony about this about 3 weeks ago, spoke to an agent, and was told that he would "submit a request to re-link" my MasterCard and my paypal account. Importantly, that it would take a week or more for it to be restored.

I tried again weeks later, and same problem. I called again and spoke to another agent, who claimed no knowledge of this, rather than it had something to do with choice of browser, operating system, cookies, cache clearing, etc. I asked "what browser and OS combination is known to work?" The agent indicated that is was not known, rather than Chrome or Internet Explorer were what she recommended.

This is not the case.  I then asked to speak with the IT support person at Synchrony. The person that picked up was not a typical high volume phone agent, and assured me that she would fix a known problem on their end. I indicated that I was online, and would need to have it fixed in real time, which she said "no problem".

The IT agent then corrected something at Synchrony-Paypal's integrated web server immediately (described as "re-link the account"), and my access was restored on Explorer, as well as updated Firefox, perhaps everywhere.

If you want to continue using the card and have this issue, you will need to call, ask for a supervisor in the IT support area, and insist on having the issue corrected while you wait and test it in real time.

Solved. 🙂

Login to Me Too

lastpupper
Contributor
Contributor

Can we get a response from an actual support agent?  I've been having this issue for the past month and even missed a payment because of it.  I literally cannot log-in to my paypal mastercard dashboard.  When I called in they said that I had been using the wrong paypal account (which makes no sense as I had been using my paypal account to login just fine before it stopped working) and said that they would change the email associated with my synchrony account and that it may take up to 48 hours.  More than 2 days later I still cannot access my account dashboard!  I should have never signed up for this terrible credit card and will definitely be closing it as soon as I can.  Can ANYONE help me with this issue?  It's present no matter what browser or OS I use.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.