PayPal Extras Mastercard/Synchrony login problem

jcook31
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to view the account details on my PayPal Extras Mastercard and pay my bill online. However, every time it forwards me to the Synchrony Bank site, I get an error message saying "Login not permitted. We're sorry. We have a problem with your account that needs to be fixed before we can restore your online access. Please call us at <removed>"

I have tried calling Customer Service multiple times and they have never fixed the issue. The only customer service agent who ever even offered any kind of solution was one who said that certain web browsers won't work. But I have tried Chrome, Safari, Edge, and IE and still get the error message with all of them.  If none of those browsers work, then what browser does?

Has anybody else had this problem and maybe been more successful at getting a solution? It really makes me want to cancel my Mastercard since I am not able to view my statements or do anything else with my card online.
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

jenssjenco
Contributor
Contributor

today is 10/23/18 this issue is still a problem. i am getting this error:

Bad request

Your browser sent a query this server could not understand. 

how the hell do they expect us to review stuff online if we cant log in? doesnt matter what browser i use either, and i even cleared the cookies etc

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

I just try this

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card

,when I choose login,my paypal account sign up shows up

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

I used Firefox. ON A PC

Login to Me Too

greekboy1
Contributor
Contributor

Does it work ???????????  people need to file a law suit coz its on their end !!

Login to Me Too

wabashcannonbal
New Community Member

I have had the same problem and now it's the second time it's happened.

It *mysteriously* happened just as my balance was due. Then, after I couldn't pay (due to not being able to log in) and the late fees were applied, the page miraculously was able to log me in.

Now it's doing it again.

I've tried multiple browsers. All get back the same error page.

It seems to me that the bug is intentional and is being used to prevent log ins and forcing people to miss their payments.

Login to Me Too

Ctbvfungdjcdv
New Community Member
I honestly believe it’s intentional. Who’ll join a class action lawsuit?
Login to Me Too

shoxizuz1
New Community Member

any updates on the action lawsuit? 

Login to Me Too

hklucas
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here!  I talked to their customer service and they said I couldn't get onto my account because my bill is past due.  I haven't used my card and am not about to pay a bill that I can't see.  They said they'd send a paper copy, but I am unable to go to my account on line. I'm angry!  Have never heard of this before!  I ALWAYS pay my bills on time!!!

Login to Me Too

I get this message when trying to may a payment through the paypal portal. Paypal customer service is no help and says "At this time these credit products do not offer customer service by email. In order to make sure your request is thoroughly addressed, please contact the customer service department for the credit line you are inquiring about." when the issue is using their portal to pay the **bleep**ing card...

2019-04-13.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.