PayPal Check Cashing: US checks, US bank account, Canadian resident

drsevy
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Canada, but receive US social security, and we have a Wells Fargo bank account. How do we sign up for check cashing PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drsevy 

PayPal's Cash A Check service is not available in Canada, so you'll need to open and verify a US PayPal account with PayPal Cash/Cash Plus balance account, with a US based billing address, phone number and bank account/card. Basically, a US presence to open a US PayPal account before you're even able to cash a check via PayPal app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drsevy 

PayPal's Cash A Check service is not available in Canada, so you'll need to open and verify a US PayPal account with PayPal Cash/Cash Plus balance account, with a US based billing address, phone number and bank account/card. Basically, a US presence to open a US PayPal account before you're even able to cash a check via PayPal app.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

drsevy
Contributor
Contributor

Sharpiemarker said:  Basically, a [physical] US presence to open a US PayPal account before you're even able to cash a check via PayPal app.

I'm not happy, but that answers my question, and so arguably "solves" my issue.  Thank you.

first-world-problems.jpg

Login to Me Too

Sambo12

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.