PayPal Cashback Mastercard not showing up in account wallet

seaweed917
Contributor
Contributor
I was recently approved for the cashback Mastercard and received and activated the card today, 5/11/19. However, the card, which I have been told should have automatically been set up and accessible through my PayPal account even before I received the physical card, has not shown up. I activated the card over the phone since there was no indication or link on my dashboard relating to this credit card and there still isn't. I don't even want to start using this until I can set up an online payment system. I've called three customer service numbers and got nothing but automated ****. What is the resolution to this? Or have I just wasted my time getting a card I can't possibly make payments on?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@seaweed917 

Contact customer service this way for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

You can also call the number on back of card and say live agent or press zero when on the line to get a human. (Hopefully)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cand33
New Community Member
Unfortunately, I am going through the same thing. It seems that neither Synchrony Bank or PayPal are taking responsibility for being the responsible party for linking the card. Inspite the fact they push consumers to manage their accounts online. I reached out and escalated the concern through both Synchrony Bank and PayPal with no resolve. I currently have a physical card but no way to manage or review information pertainng to my account. After doing further information it seems that this is a reoccurring issue that has impacted many. I will be consulting with an attorney to discuss my options for legal recourse.
Login to Me Too

greitsma
New Community Member

Been there done that. No one is able to solve it. I called the number on the back of the card three times. They verified all my account info, and verified all was good. All three agents forwarded my back to Paypal help. The Paypal agents are not able to locate the card in the account and told me to contact mastercard. After spending a whole morning on the phone I am giving up and cancelling the card. It is not possible to make it work.

Login to Me Too

_d_z_
New Community Member

I have the same problem, too. Called customer support and they said it takes 4-5 business days for the Cashback account to be automatically linked to my PayPal account. I guess I just have to be patient. I hope this helps others who, like me, thought this process would be smoother and better explained.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.