PayPal Cash Back Mastercard issue

Sonrisa123
Contributor
Contributor

I was approved for a PP Cash Back Mastercard and have received the card in the mail. However in the mean time there appears to be an issue with the account.
I received an eMail telling me to call Customer Service (but for the Extras card, not the Cash Back card.) I wasn't sure which number to call so I called the number in the eMail even though it was for the other card and not the one for mine.
When I called I was told I would be receiving a packet in the mail with some forms to fill out and when they were reviewed and approved I would then be able to use my card.
Q #1 What are these forms they are talking about..... I haven't received the forms yet; it's already been 8 business days from 9/5. I'm still waiting.

Q #2  The last 4 digits on the account number for all the correspondence I've received thus far and the card I received does NOT match the last 4 digits that appears on the PayPal wallet and PayPal account page (the last digit is different.) 

I am of the opinion this is causing the issue with the account. I asked the CS service rep if this was normal for the account numbers to be mismatched  She said it was but that doesn't seem right.
If anyone has any opinion I would be interested in hearing them

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sonrisa123,

I'm sorry to hear that you have received a concerning email. Are you certain that the email came from PayPal? If it was a fake email, the number you called would not be a legitimate PayPal number, and the forms would not be from PayPal. Did you provide any personal information during the phone call? 

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Sonrisa123
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia I didn't actually call the number that was in the eMail.  I called the contact number on my Account Summary Page for the PayPal account which redirected me to Synchrony Bank for the Mastercard Account.

The last digit for the account that is on the Summary Page is  incorrect. It does NOT match what is on all the correspondence I've received in the mail at my home address from PayPal regarding this account. I believe this is what is causing the problem.

I'm still waiting for these forms in the mail. 
Now I'm sitting here with this credit card that I can't use.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sonrisa123,

Thank you for your caution in making sure you were calling PayPal. I'm sorry to hear that there was a clerical error in issuing the card. What you describe certainly doesn't sounds like the typical experience. Since it has been a while, I would suggest calling back to inquire. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Sonrisa123
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia 
I finally received the form they were referring to---- which was just an authorization form for the Fraud Department to contact Social Security about my Social Security #
Hopefully there aren't any more issues about it as I only use my M.I. on things I order instead of my entire full name.
I haven't had an issue before.

Login to Me Too

Sonrisa123
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia 

I am now in possession of a "working" PP Mastercard.  I've made a couple of small online purchases with it. I'm waiting to see if they are posted without any issues.
Not making the same mistake as I did with PayPal Credit by purchasing a big ticket item the first time around. Too stressful to do without $$$ for a whole month.
Thanks for the support.❤:hundred_points:

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sonrisa123,

I'm so glad it all worked out! Thank you for the points! 😄

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.