PayPal App Not Sending Notifications...

wusabizbroker
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have been using the PayPal app for years and occasionally would have this issue, but now it's been going on for over a week.  ANYTIME somebody bought something from my eBay store, I would receive the PP notification on my phone and an email.  I receive the email notifications just fine, just not getting the double P notification on my phone.  It would always appear in my upper bar where all notifications on the phone go.  I have turned notifications on and off, but to no avail.  Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You may want to contact Tech Support.    And there's also a Merchant Support Community where there are other developers and PayPal Techs who may be able to help.

Login to Me Too

RoKphish
Contributor
Contributor

@wusabizbrokerwrote:

So, I have been using the PayPal app for years and occasionally would have this issue, but now it's been going on for over a week.  ANYTIME somebody bought something from my eBay store, I would receive the PP notification on my phone and an email.  I receive the email notifications just fine, just not getting the double P notification on my phone.  It would always appear in my upper bar where all notifications on the phone go.  I have turned notifications on and off, but to no avail.  Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same issue. It began ever since the last Android Update from the Play Store about 4-5 days ago?

Login to Me Too

wusabizbroker
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know I'm not the only one.  Figured it had something to do with Android.

Login to Me Too

RoKphish
Contributor
Contributor

@wusabizbrokerwrote:

Good to know I'm not the only one.  Figured it had something to do with Android.

You might consider commenting on their app in the Google Play Store about their abysmal update which broke notifications. I did, for whatever good it’ll do.

Login to Me Too

musiccitymojo
Contributor
Contributor

Happening on iMac as well. Get about 1 out of 4 notifications for payments made. Been going on for years, so annoying. Good luck with Tech Support, because it doesn't exist.

Login to Me Too

beartpresets
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have this problem, please assist.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @beartpresets,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

It sounds like your push notifications are turned off.

Here’s how to change your Notification preferences in the PayPal app on your iPhone:

1. Open the PayPal app and log in to your account using your e-mail address and password.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Notifications.

If you enable notifications, you can also pick and choose which notifications to leave on or turn off.

I hope this helps, 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

beartpresets
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Rachel, but all my notifications in application turned on, but I still have a problem.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

In that case I recommend removing the app and adding it back to your phone as it may be a technical issue. Make sure that the notification settings on your phone itself are turned on also.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.