Pay in 4

gabherro
Contributor
Contributor

11/25/2020 I used the 'Pay in 4' option. My purchase all together was $139.50. My installments are $38.88, I paid the first payment, which is fine, but Paypal took another $34.88 out of my account that's just sitting there pending in my bank account and it's considered an "Authorization" transaction when I look at in Paypal.. What exactly does that mean? Will that other $34.88 return to bank account? I can't get in contact with Customer Service. If I wanted to spend $69.76 today, I would have. 

Any reply helps please. 

@ViriMelecio I am adding you because I see you had a problem with Pay in 4 as well. I am new to this

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Rickc1776
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me and I can’t get a hold of anyone at PayPal I don’t know what to do
Login to Me Too

emilyshlby
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me.... still on hold
Login to Me Too

PaulJ80
Contributor
Contributor
It appears that we are all in the same boat 🚣‍♂️ ! I actually wanted a debit card from PayPal. But I’m from the USA and had the account transferred to Portugal via their EU headquarters in Luxembourg. Otherwise If I would have transferred money in dollars to the equivalent of the market price of euro PLUS a transfer fee and an exchange rate fee. Does anyone know if such a program exists in Europe?? I read somewhere that this is only for Business Membership, is that true. Since I do not have what is called a Physical Number in Portugal, I am not eligible for Business Membership .... am I in a “catch 22” situation????
Login to Me Too

gabherro
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I was told the next day: 

Upon checking on your account I see here that there's a pending payment amounting to $34.88 and it's payment using the Payin4 method. Regarding to this one Gabrielle this payment will be voided after 24hrs and the money will return to your account.
For your future reference if this payment will not be voided you can contact our backend team directly the one who handles all they payin4 payment concerns and here's how:
Go to PayPal.com, select Help, then Contact Us. Within Contact Us, select Payments > Pay in 4 > Message us

I can assure all 3 of you, my money WAS NOT at all returned to my account and now its a pain to get in contact with them seriously. I will never use 'Pay in 4' ever again. 

Login to Me Too

gabherro
Contributor
Contributor

@emilyshlby @Rickc1776 : refer to my reply above! let me know if you were told anything different

Login to Me Too

maxmama1234
Same here. I had to jump through 20 hoops to get to have someone call back. I've contacted someone who is over this kind of business to get my money back from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Tecee2020
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been more than 24 hours for me. Now they took the payment for the third time. No funds back yet. I will never use this service again.
Login to Me Too

maxmama1234
Same here. I'm though with PayPal period. I've used them to pay for many items but no more. Dont need it. hope you had your problem resolved.
Login to Me Too

Hollyh24
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get this figured out?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.