Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay in 4

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Pay in 4

I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Pay in 4

@Kelsiesax 

@lacir 

The seller would still get paid up front so it could be that you are seeing on your paypal activity.

How much has been deducted from your funding source???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor

Did you ever find resolution for this?
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Kelsiesax 

@lacir 

The seller would still get paid up front so it could be that you are seeing on your paypal activity.

How much has been deducted from your funding source???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

When I was redirected to pay the first payment for pay in 4, I input a debit card. Then when it took me back to the website I was buying on, I hit done and looked at my credit card charges And saw the full charged amount $222 and then my Debit card was charged $55 (the first payment)
Highlighted

This same thing happened to me and PayPal CS told me its on the merchant’s end not theirs. The merchant tells me the opposite. After reading here, looks like PayPal is doing this to a lot of people.
Highlighted
New Community Member

Resolution?

Did you ever resolve the issue? I just had the same problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

So sorry about the delayed response but yes. In my case merchant received their $120 In total “from PayPal” and I had 4 payments of $30 to pay to PayPal. Sort of like a loan but with no interest. The way they have it laid out and explained is the confusing part so I ended up paying it off and being done with the pay in 4
Highlighted
Contributor

Do I cancel/dispute the merchants transaction and continue paying the Pay in 4?

Highlighted
Contributor

No. The merchant received their $XXX but as far as your account goes you’re paying towards your loan from PayPal. Both aren’t deducted. It appears that way but only your pay in 4 payments are deducted.
Highlighted
Contributor

Gotcha! Thank you for your reply 😊