Pay in 4

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

AtomicAmber89
Contributor
Contributor

And they are soo rude! I had this happen with my southwest ticket. 

Login to Me Too

Cass_Riley53
I was going to order. Once I requested for pay in 4 payments, I changed my mind and on items websight I did not confirm order. Now my bank is negative twice with $13.94. Which is first payment, but I did not order anything. I doubled check websight and there is no order.. and I tried requesting refund through PayPal but it is pending.. so I guess I can not request for refund.
Login to Me Too

Jlwhited3
Contributor
Contributor
Not only was I charged the full amount from my checking, making my account negative and incurring overdraft charges, I was also unable to submit the problem online through the website as it kept giving me the "there was an error on our part" every time I attempted to. I had to call the phone number to submit the problem. Now I have someone messaging me saying I'm wrong when i know dam good and well I am Not. This is absolutely ridiculous. Very disappointing. Just another American corporation thinking they can get away with whatever they want and **bleep** the little guy.
Login to Me Too

adrcreyes
New Community Member

Did you ever resolve the issue? I just had the same problem.

Login to Me Too

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
So sorry about the delayed response but yes. In my case merchant received their $120 In total “from PayPal” and I had 4 payments of $30 to pay to PayPal. Sort of like a loan but with no interest. The way they have it laid out and explained is the confusing part so I ended up paying it off and being done with the pay in 4
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CX
Contributor
Contributor

Do I cancel/dispute the merchants transaction and continue paying the Pay in 4?

Login to Me Too

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
No. The merchant received their $XXX but as far as your account goes you’re paying towards your loan from PayPal. Both aren’t deducted. It appears that way but only your pay in 4 payments are deducted.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526CX
Contributor
Contributor
Gotcha! Thank you for your reply 😊
Login to Me Too

Kdiane88
So I just tried this and when redirected back to merchant page it says there's an issue refresh. I did this twice. Now I have 2 charges for initial payments with paypal and merchant doesn't show PayPal has paid for order.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210127d
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get a resolution to this? The EXACT same thing happened to me. I was trying to purchase an oven so a total of $267 is now pending (between two authorizations) on my bank card but I'm apparently not getting an oven and wasn't able to reach customer service when they were *supposed to be* open...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.