Pay in 4

lacir
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the hardest time getting a CS agent to help me but I chose the Pay in 4 for a recent $120 transaction. Instead PayPal deducted $120 AND took the first $30 payment of the 4 installments. Spoke with the boutique I purchased from and on their end it only shows $120 but on my activities I see both. How can I make this Pay in 4 stop completely now that the totals been paid in full?? SOS.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kelsiesax 

@lacir 

The seller would still get paid up front so it could be that you are seeing on your paypal activity.

How much has been deducted from your funding source???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

Kelsiesax
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever find resolution for this?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kelsiesax 

@lacir 

The seller would still get paid up front so it could be that you are seeing on your paypal activity.

How much has been deducted from your funding source???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kelsiesax
Contributor
Contributor
When I was redirected to pay the first payment for pay in 4, I input a debit card. Then when it took me back to the website I was buying on, I hit done and looked at my credit card charges And saw the full charged amount $222 and then my Debit card was charged $55 (the first payment)
Login to Me Too

This same thing happened to me and PayPal CS told me its on the merchant’s end not theirs. The merchant tells me the opposite. After reading here, looks like PayPal is doing this to a lot of people.
Login to Me Too

Odelbr5_
Contributor
Contributor

Dos you ever find out why that happened and better yet did it get corrected? I’m brand new here so I don’t even know what pay in 4 is. 

Login to Me Too

Muffyn86

Did they resolve this?

Login to Me Too

el7e
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I don't understand how this is the solution? I also tried to use/apply for Pay 4, but the second time around; after I was re-directed back into PayPal again I didn't click submit. Then I received an email saying: 

"We regret that we are unable to approve your request (PP4 application) at this time for the following reason:

Application information tied to unusual activity."

Yet the amount (19.60) was still deducted from my bank but there's no record of my order on my account of the merchant's page.

This is just really confusing! I can't get a hold of a customer service ATM, and need to confirm my purchase from someone/somewhere!

Any help/info appreciated!

Login to Me Too

AMoses
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue as well. It’s honestly **bleep** me off because I’ve called and been hung up on 4 times by the Pay in 4 customer service.
Login to Me Too

Muffyn86

what's their customer service number?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.