Pay in 4 Confusion

SamuelFrank1018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

On November 30th I bought a GoPro Hero 8.

With other accessories and it added up to be 392.52 total.

I used Pay in 4 and it costed me $98.13 up front and after that 2 weeks another 98.13.

My confusion is basically I was charged for the full amount at first. So my card was charged the full amount as well as the downpayment.

Which ended up charging me $490.65. I assumed that they charged me for the full amount at first to make sure I had the money but it's been 2 weeks since then and I haven't gotten the 392.52 total back. I was just charged for the 2nd week payment, so i've paid 196.26 for the first payment and 2nd payment. Will I ever get the full amount money back?

Here are image links.

https://gyazo.com/0c96d3805ac52bffd41959269fc9765c

The top link is the total charge for the item, the bottom is the 2 charges I've paid for Pay in 4.

https://gyazo.com/8ab8c094c4823363a691dcc039877c13

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Sade15
Contributor
Contributor
I was charged the full amount of my purchase instead of the down payment . No one seems to can rectify this
Login to Me Too

SamuelFrank1018
Contributor
Contributor

I know right, I am practically paying double lol...

I tried contacting Paypal on the phone but they said they don't know and told me to send a message on Paypal Message and someone will message me and no one did...

Login to Me Too

meks0613
Contributor
Contributor
Check your bank account to see if you're charged double...if so you can dispute it with your bank ..
Login to Me Too

meks0613
Contributor
Contributor
You should check your bank account...I thought I paid double too, but the only payment through my bank account is the actual Pay 4 first payment installment...its confusing I know! What PayPal is showing isn't accurate...
Login to Me Too

SamuelFrank1018
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know but I do defiantly know I was charged for the full amount and now being charged every 2 weeks..

Login to Me Too

CharrrrrrrXX
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too, anybody solved this? Please help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.