Pay in 3 charged me twice, can't open a claim on the transaction either

mc6415
Contributor
Contributor

So essentially I've attempted to purchase something using PayIn3 and it seems to have worked I have an email from the merchant confirming the order etc. 

However the payment has been taken out of my account twice, I've just received a second set of emails (about an hour or so after the fact) from Paypal about the transaction, but only one is showing up for the full amount in my activity, however my bank has been hit twice and now it says I can't raise a dispute or claim on that type of transaction, so what can I do now?

It's a sizable chunk of money to leave my account twice that's for sure and not one I can really afford truth be told so I'm hoping I can get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mc6415
Contributor
Contributor

Well just got off the phone, can't say I'm too happy about the outcome though. They've told me it's cancelled now but it will take anywhere from 5-30 business days for the money to be released again, which leaves me in the awkward position of not having enough money to cover some of my end of months payments before pay day, it's frustrating that the money could be taken so quickly and wrongly but take so long to rectify very very frustrated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.