Pay In 4 Double Charge / Payments

HunterL7
Contributor
Contributor

I chose to pay for this transaction with Pay in 4 on a 90$ product which initially stated that there would be 4 payments of $22.31. I was charged $43.04 AND $23.65 on the first day alone and my Pay in 4 screen still says I owe over $50. I have no idea what went wrong but I should have only been charged the original $22.31 on the first day. I was charged with no warning and a large amount along with paypal still telling me I owe TWICE as much as I originally paid for the product. Please someone tell me how this is possible.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Hdburchett
Contributor
Contributor
I’m extremely frustrated with this pay in 4! I’ve used other method like this such as afterpay, quadpay, etc. and NEVER had an issue. However, on November 23, 2020 I placed my order and was charged double the amount due ($15) and then I called the customer service line that disconnects the call every time saying “go to message center” and then when I do after messaging numerous times I get directions for “assistance with pay in 4” which directs me and links me back to the same message center board! Yesterday my account reflected both charges of $15 being credited back to my account and then today they’re both deducted AGAIN and because I took my money out of the account when I received a text a few moments ago that a $15 was denied and then got a text from pay pal saying my $15 was not processsed and my plan hasn’t started. I don’t normally get mad at this stuff but this is two days of sending multiple messages, calling the support line and it’s STILL not correct. Very frustrated!
Login to Me Too

Hdburchett
Contributor
Contributor
To clarify I was charged twice and I decided to take the money out of the account PayPal tried to bill me a THIRD time for $15!
Login to Me Too

HunterL7
Contributor
Contributor

This is getting ridiculous... I've been charged a total of 6 times in the past 3 days with random amounts of money at random times stating "we received your $ USD payment for your PayPal Pay in 4 Plan". None of these were authorized or done by me along with one up to $43 which is twice what I was supposed to pay in just the first day. I need an answer soon because I just keep getting charged with no explanation and the balance remaining in my Pay in 4 screen is not changing whatsoever. This is the worst support I've ever received from a company and its involving my money and my bank. This is a Huge issue I need answers. 

Login to Me Too

AshleyNicole32
Contributor
Contributor

my bank account was charged twice for my first payment for my "pay in 4". when i look on my paypal activiy it shows the one charge was processed. the other charge says pending. but both were charged to my bank account. am i going to get that second payment back?

Login to Me Too

ASP98
New Community Member
Did u end up getting your money back??? This just happened to me yesterday. And I'm worry about not getting my money back. They could keep it as long as it shows that I paid twice but is not the case since is only showing once.
Login to Me Too

AlexGB101
This just happened to me aswell! Hoping we all get our money back because this is ridiculous! Let me know how it goes
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.