Pay After Delivery

lulu61
Contributor
Contributor

Did Pay Pal eliminate the Pay After Delivery option? If so, does anyone know why?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
21 REPLIES 21

lulu61
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link to let me know, kernowlass. I appreciate your quick response. 🙂

Login to Me Too

NoPayAfterDeliv
New Community Member

It seems they removed PAY AFTER DELIVERY in Canada as well.

Even though a EBAY transaction may state pay after delivery PAYPAL will not honour Pay after Delivery.

PAYPAL will take the payment immediately.

I may never use PAYPAL again!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NoPayAfterDeliv

If it has gone in Canada then thanks for the info, haven't seen the update on that one yet.

However i can never understand why folks are keen to use it.

It gives you no more buyer protection as the seller is still credited the funds in advance, all that happens is paypal give you a few more days before paypal remove the funds from your bank acccount. No seller would send an item before being paid.

Personally i prefer to fund my purchases via a credit card that does give me a month to pay off AND gives me more buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lulu61
Contributor
Contributor

Not everyone has a credit card. I got rid of mine. When you're on a fixed income, getting just a monthly SS check, the Pay After Delivery option, especially when it was 14 days, was so convenient and made all the difference for shopping. That's why we 'folks were keen on using it'.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lulu61

Fair enough, I just gave my personal opinion on why I never used it.

Even without a c.c. I would not use PAD, I prefer to save up 14 days in advance and pay instantly rather than buy something on credit in that way.

I know a c.c. gives you credit but i have the funds available at the end of the month to clear it instantly so its not really credit.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hostilebyrd
New Community Member

I agree with you 100% "lulu61", while I don't have SSI, it absolutely without a doubt, helped me with larger transactions online, where it gave me two weeks to juggle money around but Paypal would cover it up front. So that's it, it's official? Has anything been confirmed, that it's been removed from their services? That blows because I used that PRIMARILY. 😞 BRING IT BACK PAYPAL!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hostilebyrd

Depends what country you are in, its been stopped in the U.S but not in the U.K (at the moment).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Anjoel72
Contributor
Contributor

It has been stopped in the UK now, at least since Thursday.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.