PAYPAL MY CASH CARD DISCONTINUED - Where is my money?

WCLark30
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought two paypal mycash cards last year for a rainy day.  I found out they are discontinued.  I have not been able to access my funds since the website paypal.com/cash no longer exists, neither does the phone number.  

What I have done:

Called customer service and have been tossed around.  I was told sorry but we have no ways to access your funds anymore.  Basically I am out??? 

Shouldn't this be illegal?  There is no fees or expiration date on these cards.  I finally talked to a lady from Paypal who told me to contact IC3 and report paypal incident as a crime.  Is this a joke?

If not, I think I will be removing my 13+ year old account and going elsewhere for safer use for transactions.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WCLark30 

Don't know where you bought those old cards PayPal My Cash cards from (last year?) as they are obsolete/discontinued a couple years ago, probably why the PayPal rep told you to file ic3.gov report. You got ripped off from wherever you bought them from.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

WCLark30
Contributor
Contributor

It may have been a couple years ago.  I had them stashed away.  The place was reputable.  It was family dollar.  I have used them with no issues.  Fact of the matter, its not just me with funds on these cards that no longer can obtain the money we placed on them.   I'm not alone in this 😞   It shouldn't matter the time frame of me having one.  There is no expiration date or fees yet paypal is still around.  Its not like they went under.  I want to know where mine and everyone else's money is sitting?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.