PAY IN 4- AUTHORIZING WITHOUT PLACING AN ORDER- dont do it

mertyjams
Contributor
Contributor

PAY IN 4 IS CHARGING BEFORE AN ORDER IS PLACED.  3 times today it has charged me the first installment of 3 separate transactions that were not actually processed. the first an item was not in stock. the other two i modified my shopping cart and had to "re-apply" each time. 3 TOTAL TIMES it has charged me with pending authorizations.  customer service is a joke. the phone number just gives you the same run around that the website does.  its just an audio recording with prompts of the help screen.  i may have to attempt to dispute this with my bank and just cancel my account.  do not modify your cart after you apply and you better hope the item doesnt go out of stock while youre attempting to check out.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Amohawk
Did you get you money back?
Login to Me Too

mertyjams
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, but only after I spammed them on twitter, filed a complaint with the better business bureau, and talked to 7-10 PayPal representatives.  Seems a few people on here and reddit weren't so lucky and either declared unauthorized activity with the bank and cancelled their cards or are waiting the 30 days for it to get released.  Ended up using this other service called Quadpay with no problem.  Paypal is a steaming pile of garbage.

Login to Me Too

Amohawk
How long did it take for you to get your money back
Login to Me Too

mertyjams
Contributor
Contributor

I think it took me 4 days with constant chat requests, messaging on twitter, and after the BBB complaint

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.