Order didnt go through - how to cancel 3 instalments contract with paypal?

shelinab1
New Community Member

Hi - panicing and urgently need help!

I was going along the steps to place an order with a well known online retailer (Argos in the UK).

I chose to pay via paypal and so the paypal window popped up and i chose to pay in 3 instalments. However, after it confirmed, the merchants site crashed.

When I clicked refresh, it had gone back to the 'select payment method' page!

I have already recieved a confirmation email from paypal saying the contract for paying in instalments had already been set up and they will take money out every month. I went to FAQs and paypal advises that I have to cancel the order with the merchant in order to cancel their contract.

But heres the catch. The order hadnt gone through, so i have no order number nothing.

When I go through the motions again, it acts like a new order and Im scared it will set up a new contract and ill be in a never-ending loop of payments (sense the panic?). I don't know what to do 😞 help!

Who can cancel this contract so I can restart and buy with only one instalment contract and one order?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.