Not happy with my order

Duet
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a dress and received it, however its different from how it looked online and the material is of inferior quality. The seller offered me a $13 cash coupon or $10 refund as compensation. I would like a full refund including the return postage fee which costs around €12 from Malta. They said they will give me a full refund if I pay the postage fee, but I would like postage to be included too. The seller keeps on insisting not to pay the postage fee, what can i do? As if the dress was as shown in the picture i would have kept it
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duet 

The seller is free to do so but they're not obligated to agree to pay for return costs and PayPal won't force them. You're generally responsible for return costs in claims in order to get a refund of purchase price and original shipping paid. PayPal cannot refund more than what you paid. 

If either one of you escalate to PayPal, PayPal will rule and ask you to return item in order to get a refund, if you don't within 10 days of ruling, you will lose case. 

Might be able to get your returns costs reimbursed. Click "Offers" at the top menu in your PayPal account to check if PayPal's Return Shipping's On Us program is available in your region. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Duet 

The seller is free to do so but they're not obligated to agree to pay for return costs and PayPal won't force them. You're generally responsible for return costs in claims in order to get a refund of purchase price and original shipping paid. PayPal cannot refund more than what you paid. 

If either one of you escalate to PayPal, PayPal will rule and ask you to return item in order to get a refund, if you don't within 10 days of ruling, you will lose case. 

Might be able to get your returns costs reimbursed. Click "Offers" at the top menu in your PayPal account to check if PayPal's Return Shipping's On Us program is available in your region. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.