No adaptive payments+ No marketplace?? What to do?

Alohaaloha
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I will be having an Ecommerce website with multi vendors , and i get a fee from each payment transaction. Since i cannot use the adaptive (chained) any more. I have only one option which is to have all the funds to my account and the do a payout to sellers, which means double fees! Too much expenses. Not to mention im from kuwait where like 80% of world countries we dont have the new paypal marketplace platform. So now i need suggestions please? If you were me, what would you do? Thank you
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Using Payouts would not be "double" the fees. You would pay the regular 2.9% + .30 (or whatever you are qualifying for based on your volume) when you receive the payment.

When you make the Payout, though, you would pay the fee for sending, and it would be 2% or $1, whichever is greater.

So yes, it would add more fees, but not double.

Another option would be to consider work-arounds like I have outlined in this article.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Alohaaloha
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @angelleye, Thank you for replying. I read the link you sent but maybe its too technical for me so i couldn’t get the idea 🙏🏻 I just thought of something, and would like to get some opinions. Can i charge the buyer the fee? Because the payment transaction fee in my region is 4.9 %! I dont want to deduct 4.9% +payout/2nd transfer (2%-maybe more) + my 10% commision from the seller, thats alot , nearly 20% , i dont think the seller would be happy with this. So can i charge the buyer the first transaction fee at least?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You can charge your buyer whatever you want. Just a matter of adding it to your payment request with PayPal accordingly. Of course, adding a fee to the buyer's order will cause the actual PayPal to be slightly higher, so just keep that in mind.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.