New Chip and Swipe Card Reader Not Reading Credit Card

courtwd
New Community Member

I just received a new swipe and chip reader.  I'm all set up.  My business account is a go, I have the PayPal Here app all set up.  The app readers the reader, it's connected to my Bluetooth, etc.  Basically all lights are green until I do a test run on the reader.  I charged a $1.00 to make sure it's all working, but it doesn't read my chip on the credit card I'm testing it out on.  I swipe and the app states it is a chip and insert card.  I do so, but instead of reading the chip, it states "please swipe card."  OK, so I swipe the card, but then it just cancels the transaction.  I have tried to do this test on three cards so far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ohanakine
New Community Member

Anyone find a fix for this?  I have two NEW bluetooth card readers and they both have this issue.  I tried to call PayPal for help and went through phone hell to the point that it took so long for be to get through (20 minutes) that the customer service site closed 6:00 pm.  I have an event in two days and this not working will be a huge hindrance in sales.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.