My problem doesn't fit the FAQs

HRGuy1993
Contributor
Contributor

I sure would like to talk to someone at PayPal. How do you do that? All I can find are endless lists of "typical questions and answers", none of which seem to match up to my issue - and no phone number or chat connection to communicate in real time.

My issue, BTW, is that I earned a PayPal reward of $15 off my next eligible purchase. I made what I thought should be an eligible purchase, but I was not credited with the reward (as far as I can tell.) Maybe there's a delay in processing? Maybe the purchase was not eligible? I want to know what is going on! My reward expires tomorrow.

Can anyone guide me to a solution?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HRGuy1993

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HRGuy1993

It's possible that you are not eligible. You'll have to review the reward terms and conditions documentation. A web search for the PayPal deal came up with nothing.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HRGuy1993
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't really help. I am personally eligible - I have an email from PayPal saying so, and I can see the reward sitting as a credit in my account. Reading all.the terms andconditions, all it says is "will be automatically applied to a qualifying purchase," with no further clarification of what qualifies a purchase. Thus, my desire to speak to someone about why the credit has not been applied - why doesn't it qualify?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HRGuy1993

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HRGuy1993
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find the telephone or "call us" selection you are referring to. Is your PayPal page somehow different from mine? If you can just email me the phone number, that would take care of my contact problem. In regard to your other suggestion, I do not have, and do not want, Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HRGuy1993

No the pages are the same, you just haven't scrolled down far enough passed the FAQ to hit the 'call us' option.

As for facebook or twitter takes 5 minutes to open an account and if you want to just use it to contact customer services (as they reccommend) then its worthwhile.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

HRGuy1993
Contributor
Contributor

Found it! I don't think I got there exactly as you described, but you inspired me to persevere, and I eventually broke thru. 

Kudos deserved and awarded.

BTW, the problem with my account was that the merchant had broken my purchase into two parts and, according to the agent, "the system didn't know which purchase to credit." 

Anyway, Problem resolved.

Thanks to all who reached out to help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.