My paypal business debit card was declined this morning at store

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal business debit card was declined at a merchant this morning. I have more then enough funds in my paypal account and the purchase was only for $6.00. The PIN i put in is correct. I never experienced this before and it is a store that i have used this card before. I do not understand why it was denied. Has this happened to anyone else

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JHam81
Contributor
Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

JHam81
Contributor
Contributor

it happened to me too. I'm trying to get in contact with paypal now but I've been on hold for about 30 minutes

Login to Me Too

JHam81
Contributor
Contributor

Spoke to customer service they said their is a nationwide update to the card security system so you should be able to use your cards in about an hour he said.

Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor
It's still not working here..do not know what to do
Login to Me Too

acidangel111
Yeah I think its affecting everyone. Me too , I opted for a call back from " 47 minutes to 1 hrs and 10 minutes , and thus was 2 minutes after they opened at 6am PST . I too tried to use my card this morning and was declined for 1.08 and 13.94 , and I have over a 2500.00 balance . Its just declining , ive seen other reports on this ... and being g as though 2 minutes after they opened and im looking at an hour for a call back ..... I'm going g out on a limb here , but its probably affecting everyone , or almost everyone.... its definitely ately NOT just you.
Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor
I am still getting declined. One atm said chip malfunction..one said not authorised..one said call bank. Tried to call paypal bit was on hold for over an hour..is it working for any of you now? .
Login to Me Too

xrayspex77
Contributor
Contributor
Is it still not working for any of you?
Login to Me Too
Solved

JHam81
Contributor
Contributor

mine is working now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.