My 16 year old daughter just received a prepaid Pay Pal credit card.

Ethrung
New Community Member

My 16 year old daughter just received a prepaid Pay Pal credit card.  I am disgusted Pay Pal Corporation.  This is both irresponsible and disgusting. How many 16 year old CHILDREN have you sent out this loaded gun too that will ruin their credit and possibly lives for many years to come?  I believe that you have done this with purpose and with intent.  I am done with Pay Pal but I am not done with digging into this issue on behalf of 16 year old children.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ethrung,

I'm sorry to hear that a credit card was sent to your daughter. PayPal requires that account holders be at least 18 years of age at the time of account creation. Was the date of birth correct when the account was created? If the birthdate on the PayPal account is not accurate, that may be the reason for the mix-up. I would recommend the immediate closure of the account to comply with the terms of PayPal's User Agreement.

I hope this information helps, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.