Moneypool

Katelou1se
Contributor
Contributor
Morning! I’m a bit confused so hoping you guys can help. I’ve got a moneypool set up with some friends. Bear with me, I sent £15 from my bank to my PayPal say For example on the Wednesday( I thought I could transfer it from there to the MP, found out later I couldn’t) one of the others put their £15 in on the Friday morning. When I looked Friday night my Personal PayPal balance was £15, so assumed this was my transferred money so I transferred it back out and made the £15 to the moneypool by debit card. ( hope your still with me) However I think I actually transferred out my friends £15 that for some reason was sitting in my personal PayPal even though she used the moneypool link to pay. So the actual balance on the summary page for the MP says £95 but when you go to the contribution page it says £110. Will that contribution balance catch up to the actual balance ? Because if I resend the amount I think I took out and shouldn’t have that’s going to push the contribution balance up again and at the end of it I don’t want the contributors to think there’s more in there than there should be with me telling them a story that sounds completely fabricated “ oh you know that giant company PayPal? Their balances are wrong and there’s £15 less in there than it says! Hope your still awake. Also it randomly took a £3.19 refund I had from eBay from my personal PP and put it in the MP. That was a bit concerning also. Beginning to wish I’d set something up elsewhere. You need transparency when your handling other people’s money but these weird transactions could start looking suspicious
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Katelou1se,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a discrepancy in what you're expecting to see. A transfer of funds from your bank to your PayPal account will take several business days. It sounds like, at the time of your post, the £15 that you added to your PayPal account from your bank was still in transit. I hope the funds have settled at this point. If you would like to work with a customer service representative to understand the movement of the funds in your transaction history and your Money Pool, please choose one of the contact options below.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Katelou1se
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Olivia, Thanks for your reply. I have since shutdown that moneypool and created a new one and again money got stuck in my PayPal and the balance was incorrect on the contributions page. I spent a massive two hours on the phone to PayPal today and 3 different people. To be told in the end that even though I’m not logged in, I used the same link I sent to my friends and used a debit card to contribute to the moneypool and even though the moneypool registered id made the payment, PayPal sent the actual money to my personal PayPal instead of the moneypool because it knew it was me ..... ?? I’ve shut it down again and used an empty bank account to save the money. I’ll never use a moneypool or recommend it to anyone again. I’ve wasted most of my evening trying to sort this out and now I’m wasting the rest of my evening having to explain to everyone why it’s gone.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Katelou1se,

I'm sorry that there is any confusion. It is not possible to contribute to your own Money Pool. For more information, please take a look at this article about managing a Money Pool. It is also not permitted to use a card to send yourself a payment, as this is considered cash advancing. For more information about activities that are not permitted, please take a look at the PayPal user Agreement, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this information helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.