Money pool visibility

appy_s

I'm using the pool for the first time here and I'd like to understand how the visibility options work.

If I untick all visibility e.g. contributor's name and amount, will this remove my visibility on people who paid to me as well or is it for other users only?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@appy_s 

The visibility option is for showing the contributors' details or not. You will still be shown as owner of the pool for those you shared the money pool link to and who they shared it with, and so on, only.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@appy_s 

Privacy and Security of Money Pools:

Who can view my Money Pool page?

Your Money Pool is visible to anyone who has the link, i.e. anyone you or your friends have shared it with. No one will be able to find your Money Pool via a search engine. If you choose to display your contributor details, your incoming transactions will be visible to anyone who visits the Money Pool.

Will any of my account info be shared when I create a Money Pool?

No information is shared without your consent. The only information available publicly through your Money Pool is your profile photo (if you have one), and the name associated with your PayPal account. This information is shared to reassure your friends and family that they’re sending money to the correct person

Login to Me Too

appy_s

Thanks @sharpiemarker for your response.

The part I'm unclear is when I turn the visibility off, will it still show me (as the owner of the pool) the details of who paid what?

Cheers,

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@appy_s 

The visibility option is for showing the contributors' details or not. You will still be shown as owner of the pool for those you shared the money pool link to and who they shared it with, and so on, only.

Login to Me Too

appy_s

Thank you @sharpiemarker.

Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@appy_s 

You're very welcome. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.