Money pool - unable to transfer money

PurpleLiz
Contributor
Contributor

The money pool I set up has now closed following contributions from friends.  The paypal help pages are telling me I can transfer the money to my paypal account so that I can purchase the gift by going to 'Manage Pool' and clicking on 'Transfer Money'.  However, when I go to 'Manage Pool', the only thing to select is Edit and even then all I can do is change the name of the pool or the colour / photo! Please help.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @PurpleLiz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. You can transfer the money you've collected directly to your bank account at any time.

To transfer money:

1. Go to the Pool page.
  2. Click Manage Pool in the top bar.
  3. Click Transfer Money.

If you are unable to transfer your money, please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

PurpleLiz
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't have the option to do that. It seems the problem was with Internet Explorer, it worked OK on Chrome.
Login to Me Too

srai1
Contributor
Contributor

same thing is happening to me right now. There is no transfer money option. I tried chrome, internet explorer and paypal app but I simply cannot find the transfer option

Login to Me Too

Cathym2020
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing! I’m told by PayPal executive office that I can transfer my money to bank after them holding it for 9 months! It only let me transfer the money in the PayPal plus balance but won’t let me transfer the pool momey! I want help PayPal!
Login to Me Too

spacegirlfive
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone on this thread ever get it sorted? I've been trying to transfer the balance from a closed money pool for two weeks, and PayPal keep closing my query without resolving it, despite telling me that they've referred it to the tech team.

Login to Me Too

SW77
New Community Member

Has anyone found a way to resolve this? I have experienced the same - there is no transfer option. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

spacegirlfive
Contributor
Contributor

@SW77  I have made an official complaint and I STILL can't get a reply from them. Paypal are simply not answering any emails at all now, whether through the official complaints process or the Message Centre. I've been trying to get hold of my money since mid-October...

Login to Me Too

BSHants
Contributor
Contributor

I *thought* I had the same problem which is how I found this forum.  Spent an hour trying to work out how to transfer money from a pool to my own account as there seemed to be no 'Transfer money' option when I clicked on 'Manage pool'.  Until ... I changed my browser setting on desktop from 100% to 80% and saw the button!! D'oh!!  Just in case anyone else hasn't tried this! (Bad page design for desktop, by the way).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.