Money Pool won't set up

Joddy
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I'm trying to set up a money pool to buy a group xmas present for a teacher. I keep getting the following message: 

"Your pool was not created. We couldn't create this pool as it didn't comply with regulatory requirements. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
I can't see any way the pool does not comply with regulatory requirements, and it is not stating which it thinks I'm breaching! Any insight would help enormously - thank you!
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @Joddy,

That's a great question.  Here are a few links from our Help Center on Money Pool.

Contributing to a Money Pool

Setting up and managing your Money Pool

Money Pools Overview and Frequently Asked Questions

I hope this helps.

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Hamima2510
Contributor
Contributor
No it doesn’t help. There is no reason my pool doesn’t meet regulations so how do I set one up I’ve never had this problem before
Login to Me Too

Joddy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Hamima, I had this exact problem, it turned out it was the name I had given the pool that PayPal didn't like. The name included a s.american country (which was the name of my kid's class) and it was automatically blocked. But PayPal didn't explain that, I found out through Googling the problem. Change your pool name - that might fix it. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

tomdanvers
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get around this issue? I'm having the exact same problem!

Login to Me Too

Hamima2510
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was something silly like too much writing or too many gaps in the description because when I shortened it it was ok
Login to Me Too

tomdanvers
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I fiddled about and it was because I had the word 'Iranian' in the description. I guess they can't have pools that contravene sanctions but that seems like a really heavy handed way of doing it. I changed 'Iranian grandmother' to 'Persian grandmother' and it worked. 

Login to Me Too

Gabriel3981
New Community Member

I am having this same problem. Is there any list of things we need to check to see what is going wrong? 

No, the links to the FAQs provided by Paypal did not have any information.

Login to Me Too

Grant53787

Remove your cover image and it should work. Or make sure it's a jpg.

Login to Me Too

Ursicles
New Community Member

Had this issue... found that by removing the cricket club logo we were using (as mentioned above!)  it worked fine.

How annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.