Money Pool Balance not showing

eclipse10
New Community Member

Hi there,

I've set up a money pool with a group of friends.  I have received some funds into it (received an email alert to confirm).  It is showing in my personal PayPal balance but not in the pool itself.  I.e. it shows no contributions received which is unsettling for those that have contributed.  Is this a glitch or do they see something else?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

simoncle
Contributor
Contributor

update ....paypal have not responded with anything useful see below...any suggestions? 

I feel that they just don't give a **bleep**

it is now 6 days since I raised this and there is still no sign of a fix. I need to pay the money to secure my work Christmas meal by next friday. All moneys have been paid to me and a fault with your service is preventing me from doing so.

this is very poor service and your reasons for withholding the money are not adequate. please escalate this to a manager and the fix will not be in place in time then find a workaround.

I cannot believe that an organisation such as paypal can think that this is acceptable service.

Thank you for your reply, I can see why this has been increasingly concerning for you and will be helping today.

Firstly I would like to say that we are truly sorry for the inconvenience that is being caused due to this issue and promise that our developer team are working on this as a top priority but due to the complex manner of the issue there is not time frame on this fix at the moment.

As the money pool is an integrated part of our system we are unable to simply adjust the amount without first fixing the issue as this could result in further issues being caused the balance correction to also not calculate.

I would like to thank you for your continued patience at this time.

Login to Me Too

simoncle
Contributor
Contributor

it seems paypal have some money pool issues which are not being resolved in a timely manner at the customers expense. they have provided no eta. just a statement that it is complicated an i have to wait.

completely unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

simoncle
Contributor
Contributor

it seems paypal have some money pool issues which are not being resolved in a timely manner at the customers expense. they have provided no eta. just a statement that it is complicated an i have to wait.

completely unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Hellersworld

Hi, 

are there any updates on this topic? A friend of mine has the same problem with a money pool. 3 Payments are missing adding up to 480,-€. No fix from Paypal's side yet. 

Please provide us with more information related to this problem. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

simoncle
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same issue for well over a month they were first advised on 5th Nov. I called them for about the 10th time yesterday, it is a known widespread tech problem. I have been told several times I cant have a time for a fix and they are working on it as 'a priority'. They have stopped responding to my emails, I have used Twitter to no effect. The service is appalling. I don't want to use the money in my pool - almost 1k for a group Christmas Meal,  because I am concerned that will confuse things more.

The customer service rep told me that 'it does seem like money is missing and I am out of pocket'. I was also told they would fix it some time and I would get the money. F==---g awesome. At my wits end trying to get any sense from anyone. Ive spent hours on this. 

If you get any joy let me know how! Best of luck.

Login to Me Too

Bexgil129301
New Community Member
We have been waiting since February for the issue to be resolved with the money pool my boyfriend set up! It’s theft! And PayPal will not reapond to our emails or refund the money to our accounts as yet! DO NOT USE THESE MONEY POOLS!!!!!
Login to Me Too

ToddLinnett
Contributor
Contributor
2.5 years later and they still haven't bothered to fix it, absolutely ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Aaronw169
New Community Member
I have the same problem, pool isn't letting letting withdraw all of the money in the pool. How do I fix this ASAP please. Not impressed at all with this service
Login to Me Too

Bisto9
New Community Member
I have a similar issue, I created a pool and the balance was £350 but after it closed I could only withdraw £330.... Now the balance says £0 on the pool!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.