Missing direct deposit

Sh3RRr1
New Community Member

I am missing my direct deposit on my paypal cash card. I only had a specific amount go to this card the rest went to my traditional bank. Where is my money?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Randy

@Sh3RRr1,

I recommend contacting our customer service teams for further assistance if you're still seeing this issue on your end.  You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look at what options might be available to you.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

royeramber421
Contributor
Contributor
I'm missing my direct deposit too. I've contacted support and I keep being told that they will email me with a resolution because they need to do a trace. Then they don't ever contact me back. How should I go about getting my money?
Login to Me Too

royeramber421
Contributor
Contributor

AMardis1
Contributor
Contributor
How was any of this resolved? I am going to begin legal action if I cannot get a definitive answer or even an actual response by tomorrow, missing around three grand and cannot get an answer of where my money is. Just the same thing, call back, check again, call after 8pm. Thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too

Healichehund
Contributor
Contributor
Randy there is no one at the phone # and I've been waiting 4 hours for a reply to your "chat" feature I'm missing $6000 in direct deposit and plan for n seeking legal counsel in the am if there is no resolution.
Login to Me Too

AMardis1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, this may help as it turned out to be the problem with my deposit. After freaking out for around a week and getting no response or outcome on PayPal's end; I found out from the depositor that while it said that PayPal had accepted the payment, they had actually refused the acceptance of it. Under no fault of mine or the depositor, I was also given no reasoning whatsoever for them holding and then denying the payment. Everyone at PayPal could find no information. I eventually ended up closing out my PayPal account after the horrid exchange I had with multiple CSR's. My recommendation is to contact the institution that is making the payment, having them stop it, if possible, and opting for using an actual local, insured bank where you can speak to a handful of people who want to keep your business, or, opt for a paper check if possible. Either way, I will no longer use PayPal as a financial service unless absolutely necessary. Fyi: it took me around 4-5 days for this to appear on the depositor end. The information just came into their system one day and I was issued a new payment and had no problem with my local bank. It was such a headache.
Login to Me Too

Jdb2358
Contributor
Contributor
I have been missing thousands of dollars that was supposed to be direct deposited into my PayPal cash account and it’s nowhere to be found. I can’t talk to a real person only the automated system. I’m a single mom and I am living week to week and this money was supposed to help me catch up on my bills...how am I even supposed to figure out what is going on if no one will talk to me? I tried using all help chats and whatever but still no response. What do I do now?
Login to Me Too

AMardis1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Jdb, I know that feeling, I was a single mother to two children for years and any financial mishap can seriously break you. If you look at my last response to this thread that might help you. There was absolutely no reasoning or any information given by PayPal the times I was able to contact a CSR. I'd recommend contacting whomever sent the money and having them search for the deposit and stopping it if possible. However, that may take a few days for them to do since PayPal will take several days to send them back the denial from their black hole. Hope this helps, it was a serious headache for me too and a large amount that just disappeared from my account too. At least until I found out what happened.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.