Merchants

Bossma
Contributor
Contributor
I see on pay pal they have a pay pal cash card. What is this card used for and how do you use ii? Plus do you need the pay pal cash card if you have the prepaid debit card? I need to know whats the difference is
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Bossma

Welcome to the PayPal community! I'd be happy to answer additional questions regarding the PayPal Cash Card. 

The PayPal Cash Card was developed to eventually replace the prepaid card. It's a product that we manage while the PayPal Prepaid Card is managed through a third-party provider. To use the prepaid product, you have to pay $4.95 a month. With the PayPal Cash Card, there is no monthly fee. The other noticeable difference is that prepaid currently offers early access to your direct deposit from work. It's possible for it to come up to 3 days early. The PayPal Cash Card currently doesn't offer this feature. 

When it comes to using your money on the PayPal account, you aren't required to transfer money to the card to use your PayPal Cash Card. This product is linked directly to your PayPal balance. 

You can read more about the cash card here: www.PayPal.com/cashcard

I hope this helps with the differences in the products currently. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.