MC Extras card won't link

ricosam
Contributor
Contributor

No one in years now has been able to get my PP Extras Master Card linked to my account so I can manage it online. PP says Synchrony has to do it, Synchrony says the opposite. Agents from both have escalated tickets multiple times for resolution. No fix yet. I ask again every few months to amuse myself at how a corporation as big as PP can't figure out the smallest things. Anyone else find a fix for this? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ricosam 

Strange...

On the Summary page, is there a PP MC Extras card icon anywhere at all? What about the wallet page?

This is typically how the process of associating your card to your account goes:

When can I start using my PayPal Cashback Mastercard or PayPal Extras Mastercard? How long will it take to receive it?

If you're approved, in most cases, a temporary credit line will instantly be added to your account and you can start using it on PayPal right away - - even before you receive your card. You will receive your card within 7-10 business days. It is important that you activate your credit card immediately to ensure your credit line is fully available to you. In instances where your application is first placed into a pending status before it is approved, you will not be able to use your PayPal Mastercard until you receive and activate the card.

How do I start using my card?

1. Once approved, you can, in most cases, start using your card right away through your account wherever PayPal is accepted. In instances where your application is first placed into a pending status before it is approved, you will not be able to use your card until you receive and activate it.
  2. Upon approval of your application, your physical card will arrive within 7-10 business days.
  3. When you receive your card in the mail, you can call to activate your card and start using it anywhere Mastercard is accepted or follow these simple steps to activate your card:
    1. Log in to PayPal and click "PayPal Mastercard"
    2. Click “Services” then "Activate Card".
  4. Enter the card number and 3-digit security code, then click "Activate".
  5. Your card is added automatically to your account with PayPal. When making a purchase with PayPal, just choose PayPal Mastercard as your payment source. You can also set the card as your preferred funding method in PayPal.

Did you go through this process when first getting your card?

Have to continue to contact customer service until you get a rep that can help.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Or call customer service number on back of card or look at the contact info at the bottom of this page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-extras-mastercard-faq

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ricosam
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the card has been active for years already. Never received an activation link, tried manually linking through the Wallet tab, and like I said, probably a dozen phone agents promised it would be resolved once they escalated the Help ticket. No luck. Seems to be an anomaly that no one can or is willing to figure out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.