Lost Prepaid Card, but no access to funds until new card gets sent in mail?

crsbest80
Contributor
Contributor

Does this seem right? We have to wait for a replacement card to come before I can access MY own money? Any other bank, if lost or stolen card, able go to physical bank and get money out of account. Paypal Prepaid needs to find some way to allow access to funds without debit card. ACH transfer to another Paypal account won't allow. Nor to another prepaid account. I am quite upset and need my money. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@crsbest80

I see you have a Business account. 

Do you have the PayPal PrePaid debit card or the PayPal Business debit card?

Login to Me Too

crsbest80
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, this in regards to my husband's account. He has PayPal prepaid, but lost his card & cancelled card before he could transfer funds to his PayPal account. Was given ach to pay bills, but no way on how to get cash out.
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@crsbest80

Unfortunately, I don't believe PayPal has in place the ability to overnight replacement cards. 

You should be able to request a paper check, or if you have a debit card from a linked checking account, sometimes those cards are eligible for instant transfer.

Since the account owned is a PayPal Business account, you may want to consider signing up for a PayPal Business debit card. This card is a little different than the PrePaid card. The Business debit card is directly linked to your available PayPal balance (no transfers necessary) for use, and withdrawals at an atm.

This way, if in the future another card is lost, you'll have a backup PayPal card product you can use to access your PayPal account funds, while you wait for your replacement card of the other PayPal card product.

Here is a PayPal link with details on the Business debit card.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/debit-card

Login to Me Too

beazyda229king
Contributor
Contributor
No I dont..I just ordered a prepaid card..how do I apply for a business card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.