Latest PayPal app not compatible with my Nexus 9 Tablet

dorkshoei
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Google Nexus 9 tablet.  Running Android 7.1.2

I was successfully running version 6.13.1 of the PayPal Android App.   

Now when I launch the app it tells me "It's time to update your app so you have all the latest features".   There is a link/bar at the bottom "Update your App".  There is no way to do anything but click the link and doing so opens the Play Store but tells me, for the updated PayPal app "your device isn't compatible with this version".

Also, and oddly, a couple of times when I've launched the PayPal app the "It's time to update your app" page appears only briefly before being replaced with the standard password screen and I am able to log in.

I emailed <removed> (which is the email link on the play store) but received no reply.    I'm loathed to try and contact PayPal support as it's going to test my patience.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Stharp
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue Asus zenpad s8 tablet Android 6.01

Login to Me Too

Aveniko
New Community Member

I just did a factory reset on my Sony Xperia tablet, but now I cannot get back the app

Login to Me Too

Want to install the app but Google Play says device not compatible and won't let me.

Samsung Tab A, Android 7.1.1,

Just purchased 2 months ago but not compatible?

Check deposit using camera is why I wanted the account. Can't do it without app so I have no reason to use PayPal now because of this. 

Login to Me Too

WilliamScheider
New Community Member

Same here on my Nougat tablet. Seems to just be affecting tablets from what I'm seeing elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.