Item not as described on completely different item

Sam92___
Contributor
Contributor
Hi community, hope you’re all well in these unprecedented times! Unfortunately though i have an issue with a sale to add to my worries. I sold a jacket through goods and services to a buyer on Saturday which amounted to £400 (not cheap), shipped the item yesterday special delivery which meant it got there this morning & so the buyer has received the item & is claiming for an item not described on an apple laptop (when the sale was for a jacket), Now we were messaging on depop about the sale etc so I have proof that it was for a jacket & not an apple laptop which they’re claiming it was for but to add too that the buyer is claiming that the laptop wasn’t received & that box which I had sent was full of old rags. As a trusted seller on all platforms on which I sell items I’m definitely being scammed here so could do with some advice on the best way to go forward please.. Kind regards, Sam
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sam92___ 

Paypal do not review 'chats' or 'messages' between you and the buyer.

They make their decision on 2 things only....

1. Auction descriptions.

2. The full description of the item imputted by the seller if they sent a money request or invoice OR by the buyer if they used the send money > goods/purchases option to pay.

However if paypal find in favour of the buyer then the buyer has to return the item back to you at their own expense before you have to refund.

If they do not send back what you sent and you have absolute proof of what you sent then appeal any decision by paypal regarding the refund if made.

However you would need some back up proof ie weight of item returned / packaging / police report of fraud etc etc etc. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.