Is there any way me and another person can share a pool of money on PayPal?

slar
New Community Member

Hello everybody!

A friend and I would like to set up a pool of money we can both deposit and withdraw from on PayPal, similar to a joint bank account. We were wondering if there was any way we could do this under PayPal's Terms of Service. I'm worried that we may get frozen or deactivated. A couple options I have seen are using a business account or making a money pool, but we don't have a business and could not figure out how to have two users administrate a single pool. Is there any way we can do this?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@slar

Try a business account even though "technically" there is no sharing of a PayPal account. Even business accounts requires a primary account holder with financial information either under the business name and/or primary account holder in case bank withdrawals should be made and verification is required. And with anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist funding, US Patriot Act and KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations PayPal has to comply with, it's more trouble than it is worth to do what you want to do.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cha5
Contributor
Contributor
I would just have one of you start the pool amd both contribute along with who else you share it with then when your done just transfer whatever the other person wants your sharing pool with. I may not completely understand what you are trying to do and be confused cause if your wanting this to just be yall 2 contributing and it be ongoing you'll most likely hey blocked from that pool and funds reversed or something in that minimal nature cause paypal may think someone's fraudulently abusing your account. You won't get kicked off just advised they blocked further pol trans and please reset PW etc. If you tell me why or what exactly your trying to accomplish besides actually opening bank acct and why its not your option I can most likely help you figure out how. But only advice with info given or how I understand would be have two seperate PayPal accounts and maybe something like linking a prepaid Mastercard to both accounts and money would just stay in your paypal balances or be added to pools between you two and transferred to the others PayPal who didn't create the pool. Hope I was help and good luck sorry if I completely missed the objective and this made no sense. Lol good luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.