Insights showing impossible, completely bogus amounts. Likely system error. Account ended up limited

rowan250
Contributor
Contributor

According to Paypal's Insights, in the past 90 days I've had $0.00 in, but in the past 7 I've had $5140.00. Both figures are incorrect, and it defies logic (how can you have zero over the past 90 yet a nonzero figure over the past 7?). Paypal also claims I've done $188,502.99 out in the past 90 days... not even close! I wish!

I checked my transactions in case my account was suddenly being used to launder money, but there is nothing unusual.

This has to be a serious bug.

My account was also limited, presumably because some system suddenly noticed those large figures.

Anyone else had this happen?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

rowan250
Contributor
Contributor

paypal_broken_summary_20210205.png

Screen caps to demonstrate the wild numbers. They're way off.

Login to Me Too

Katters
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I’m having the same
Login to Me Too

phthalo
New Community Member

I'm having the same. Is there anyway to report this to Paypal?

Login to Me Too

rowan250
Contributor
Contributor

I tried reporting the issue via online chat, but it was just a chat bot which obviously couldn't do anything useful. No support staff (humans) around until...Saturday morning? Or perhaps Monday?

Login to Me Too

rowan250
Contributor
Contributor

Insights have now disappeared from my dashboard.

If you do a Google search for "paypal insights wrong" you'll see this isn't the first time that it's reported wildly inaccurate numbers.

Not ecstatic that this bug seems to be the cause for my account being limited. I've had my account open, without incident, for something like 20 years.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.