Ineligible for cash card message

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

I've been over and over with this issue with messaging PayPal and have gotten nowhere. I had a cash card that I tried to link to my eBay account. When I did I kept getting a invalid card number error. I went back and forth between eBay and PayPal with no avail. Since neither was of any help, I thought if I cancelled my cash card I could apply to get a new one and maybe that would solve my issue. Instead, when I do try to get a new card, I am taken to a link that says I am ineligible. I can't seem to get anybody to give me any straight answers as to why this is, or what I need to do to remedy this. Please can somebody help me. I have waited a full seven days as was suggested and still, I can not get anywhere.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

Success! I just got a message from the help center that they are going to be sending me a new card.  So thank you PayPal!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Trey5390
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is doing this same thing did you ever get it fixed??
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not. I tried on several occasions to call the card services number on the back of my card, only to get a recording saying they are unable to take my call at this time and to use the help center. The help center is useless because the many times I tried to explain the situation to them, including that I can't get a hold of anybody on the card service line. They cut and paste from the script they are using, telling me to call the card service number on the back of my cash card.  I've asked them many times if they had even read my detailed explanation which even states that I cannot reach anybody at that number or get any help. Just a recording directing me to the help center. I wouldn't count on any help from the help center. Unless somebody else as had better luck then I.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

Success! I just got a message from the help center that they are going to be sending me a new card.  So thank you PayPal!

Login to Me Too

MikeB12479
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same problem, hire do i contact them?
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DE
Contributor
Contributor

I kept using the help center and they were good enough to help me and send me a new card. I would suggest just keep trying. Try and ask them to foward your message to the Paypal card department. They should be able to help you.

Login to Me Too

Mitchellbros
Contributor
Contributor
Where is the solution? When I click on the link that says "solution on original post" it does nothing but take me right back to the same place. Round Robin effect just like their help center. Less than useless because it's a time waster.
Login to Me Too

johnwcook
New Community Member
I'm having this same issue . How can I get this fixed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.