Important information regarding your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard transaction.

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else get an email with the same subject?  I cannot believe this account issue

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

I monitor my account closely as I process my business transactions and watch for fraud, having been a victim several times. Today, my account was hit with over 33 PayPal Balance Adjustments in a single minute in the amount of $2,539.93 cause the balance to dip down to a -$2,265.19. It states in the details of this charges that these are debiting for PIN transactions that did not debit the Paypal account correctly from 20 March through 8 April. No, I know what that is false, because quite a few of them were basic ATM withdrawals for $300 and I see my balances go down immediately after withdrawing. Never have I seen that reversed and to see charged twice no is inappropriate.  

PayPal is losing my trust as I have been a victim of fraud twice, and now this. It simple not safe to keep you money with them, nor is it safe to use their PayPal debit card, as convenient as it is. 

Now, I know it could be a glitch but it would nice for someone as big and global as PayPal to be able to have a 24-7 call line for these types of situations.  What gives? Me, I am ready to throw away my card and quite this service. Too risky. 

Login to Me Too

AUD333
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to my husbands account yesterday as well. Almost same amount of money too. Exact same dates. PayPal said this has never happened before ever!!! Then pretty much told him he’s going to have to eat it. Not sure what to do???
Login to Me Too

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a lawyer who believes this is an unfair practice that caused hardship to individuals and businesses. We will be submitting a formal complaint to PayPal in the next week with a possible class action suit in mind. The problem is that none of the charges, either the original pending charges, nor the secondary cancellations, nor the ultimate and untimely (nearly 3-months) batch adjustments have any definition of where these charges came from and who the vendor was. Never did my account show an increase of balance unless I received a payment from a client. NEVER did I receive a notice from PayPal - "Looks like you got money from us, because we **bleep** up!" Let me know if you are interested in what I have going on with my lawyer. 

Login to Me Too

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

I am interested in what you are saying, and would like to be kept in the loop. It is going to take me months to recover from this, is the second time, the first time they let someone hit my account with a chargeback, I had all the proof that it should not been allowed, but they conceded to the bank and I was -$2600.00, they have become untrustworthy in my opinion 

Login to Me Too

FairyGardens
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me today as well. Granted my amount was smaller than yours but like you I monitor my paypal and transactions very prudently. I think I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau to complain.

Login to Me Too

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a lawyer who believes this is an unfair practice that caused hardship to individuals and businesses. We will be submitting a formal complaint to PayPal in the next week with a possible class action suit in mind. The problem is that none of the charges, either the original pending charges, nor the secondary cancellations, nor the ultimate and untimely (nearly 3-months) batch adjustments have any definition of where these charges came from and who the vendor was. Never did my account show an increase of balance unless I received a payment from a client. NEVER did I receive a notice from PayPal - "Looks like you got money from us, because we **bleep** up!" Let me know if you are interested in what I have going on with my lawyer. 

Login to Me Too

FairyGardens
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I would be interested in a class action suit against them

Login to Me Too

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

I will keep you posted. My email is <removed>. Feel free to chime in and say hi to connect before they may remove this post. 

Login to Me Too

FairyGardens
Contributor
Contributor

My email is <removed> They won't let me type in my email address

Login to Me Too

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

Interested in class action suit 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.