Important information regarding your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard transaction.

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else get an email with the same subject?  I cannot believe this account issue

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

RJL1
Contributor
Contributor

We watch are account everyday and we did not see this coming. It has crippled us and took all of our resources to get back to norm. I cant belive that we did not see when after we got money out of atm it went back the next day. I would notice a $500.00 increase as we dont have more that $1500.00- $2000 at a time. We got hit for $6500.00 it hurt!!

Login to Me Too

ireallyh8spam
Contributor
Contributor
I got hit with 550$ in the 3 month late charges, I too believe I've been charged twice, called PayPal a week ago when first email went out, all they did was tell me I was wrong and escalated my claim, never heard back from them
Login to Me Too

AUD333
Contributor
Contributor

Can’t add email but I’m in. I’ll try this <removed>

Login to Me Too

musycmakyr
Contributor
Contributor

So, June 13th PayPal pulls 6500 from my account saying a glitch occurred. Saying that between March 30 and April 8th this year ... that even though my account showed it was working properly and that my balance on my end always appeared correct on their end the money wasn't being debited on certain transactions. They said without fail that it was PayPal's fault and not mine. And that they were recouping their monies and it put my account into the red. 

Let me re-cap......1) PayPal had a huge glitch and even though I could see on my end my account was functioning normal balance was always correct and i can verify this as I print out daily summaries with running totals every month of every year.....now on June 13th because they took this money its all changed....I went thru every single days totals and tallies from March 1st to yesterday it none of it matches. Basically they are saying even though my account was right on their end the money was still there and I couldn't see it. So, now I am responsible for money I couldn't see didn't even know existed....Does this seem more than a little strange to anyone. I mean it would be different if I couldnt prove what I saying and back up the fact that my account never showed any of this until yesterday after they took the money.     

Login to Me Too

StraitJack
Contributor
Contributor

We were also hit for $5200.  What is more strange is that upon further review of the transactions, the monies were deducted on their respective dates, then deposited back in the account THE NEXT DAY; therefore, voiding the transactions.   Most importantly, no notification via e-mail or telephone call that there was a problem in their system and for their users to be aware of the situation and act accordingly.  Then 60+ days later, Paypal decides to hit the account, all in one fell swoop, for all monies that they obviously authorized to be deposited back in the account.  While they are due their money, the transactions did not all occur on one day, and why should Paypal be allowed to take all the money in one day (from a glitch in their system) leaving accounts in the negative.  Patrons should be permitted to pay the amounts over a period of time just as the transactions occurred.  Thereby, leaving working monies for patrons to keep their businesses functioning.  

All patrons keep Paypal functioning.  But this "gllitch" has crippled our business, which is still thriving, but scrambling to get monies placed back in this account so that we can continue to serve our customers.  We placed good faith in Paypal to handle our transactions; yet where is the reciprocation of that good faith from Paypal?

Poor, poor business ethics.

Login to Me Too

musycmakyr
Contributor
Contributor

Your not alone and the 4 hours on the phone with them I was told everything from it wasnt my fault to I was a conservative and I should know better...its a joke. What company does this kind of thing to good people I have been on here for 11 years. in all those years I have had to call them 3 times .... its a nightmare.    

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been affected by a recent issue with debit card transactions that did not post correctly. PayPal has become aware of these transactions and has been making corrections to ensure that any debits made are appropriately charged. I regret the confusion and inconvenience experienced as a result of these corrections.

As a reminder to everyone, please keep your posts in compliance with the Community Guidelines. The posting of contact information in the forum is not permitted for the safety of all members.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

How is this "solved"?  PP made a huge mistake by not catching this and letting members know asap.  PP just let people use their debit cards knowing they were not working.  This has financially hurt many small business owners, and more.  They could, at the least, paper billed users for the balance, instead of putting our accounts in the negative. 

It reminds me of how BIG banks do hard working people, and next thing you know, I have to sell my house and property so the bank doesn't take it.

Login to Me Too

Simplifyme
New Community Member

I would like to know how many other people got hit with PayPal's MASSIVE **bleep** up from March to April... My account was just debited $1,400 for transactions they said I didn't pay for. I'm furious and switching all business to Square because of it!! 

Login to Me Too

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

Can a business owner use square if they have an internet business ie: eBay? Do you know? thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.