Important information regarding your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard transaction.

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else get an email with the same subject?  I cannot believe this account issue

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been affected by a recent issue with debit card transactions that did not post correctly. PayPal has become aware of these transactions and has been making corrections to ensure that any debits made are appropriately charged. I regret the confusion and inconvenience experienced as a result of these corrections.

As a reminder to everyone, please keep your posts in compliance with the Community Guidelines. The posting of contact information in the forum is not permitted for the safety of all members.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

abell2010
Contributor
Contributor

did you learn any more about this?  I am in the process of investigating...

Login to Me Too

G_M63
Contributor
Contributor
I am calling back on Monday to speak with someone I can understand. This mistake on PP behalf and the way they have handled it is unacceptable in my opinion. Did you get the same email?
Login to Me Too

abell2010
Contributor
Contributor

I did get the same email...  and i agree, it is completely unacceptable, especially considering how much time has passed since the "incident"

Login to Me Too

Lao65
Contributor
Contributor
So, PP had the problem with their system, did not act on it when they noticed, but kept any eye on the activity, and then decided something was going on 3 months into it. My account is $1490.00 in the hole because of this mistake, and they are not owning it or even letting separate payments to be made. The system should have declined the transactions, that would have worked better for me, and I would still have a positive balance. How many members did this happen too?
Login to Me Too

SNMetalworks
Contributor
Contributor

So, Paypal decided to take over $700 through “Balance Adjustment” . No explanation of why. What the hell is going on? 

Ive been a member for a long time.. this is the first time this has happened. Do over $70,000 in buisness a year. 

Login to Me Too

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

My balance adjustments were duplicating all my transactions for June and charging my account $2,6K in one day, putting me in the negative by $2.2K> This my be a glitch. Tried calling but they have zero support after 8pm. Left me in a terrible bind as I use my PayPal debit card frequently.

Hopefully, they will fix the glitch on their own. I am sure we are not the only ones.

UGH.

Login to Me Too

iamteejay
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, you are correct they have found a systemic accounting error and a retro billed all their customers yesterday. Apparently this is wide-spread. I have call a lawyer to see if we have a case for a class-action lawsuit here. Let me know if you are interested in getting on board. I recommend downloading your account history all the way from January 2018 through today to do a reconciliation.

I found duplicate charges in my list, but because I can not verify where and when any of these balance adjustment amount were paid, I can't justify that  they are legitimate. I ask them to define where these balance adjustment  stem from and on what date. They were going to do it over the phone, but I requested that they mark up the details of each transaction online, not wasted any more of my time with their 3-month accounting snafu. Reviewing 33-charges would take up my entire day. 

Login to Me Too

ireallyh8spam
Contributor
Contributor

THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED! WTF, ive been on the phone twice with paypal, all members seem to agree that we are being charged twice and this is not our mistake, done with trying to do this diplomatically , i want in on any class action lawsuit

Login to Me Too

Bbigalow
Contributor
Contributor
Small businesses have small cash flows so a negative lump-sum like this is impossible to resolve easily. Very strange way to treat us... and sad they can’t let it be resolved over time. It was their system glitch.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.