I’ve been scammed by a seller & need advice

LadyClassyCat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community - I was referred to an individual that installs home interior barn doors but when he came out to my home he tells me that he also makes them & was cheaper than the person I was buying the barn doors from who referred me to this installer in the first place - so after he convinced me to let him do the whole process he said he needed an upfront 50% deposit which I didn’t have so I charged the 1/2 upfront deposit on my PayPal credit card account, but since he didn’t have a PayPal account he had me send the $290 funds (which costed me $8.73 to send for a total of $298.73) thru his brothers PayPal business name account which his brother accepted the minute I sent it but he never delivered on the sale as promised (which we entered into a gentlemens agreement on & not an official written agreement or contract) so when it was the time he told me he’d be back with the doors & all the hardware needed to install them for me is when I started getting text nsgs from him that everything was on backorder & that he’d notify me when they arrived but when I never heard back from him, I texted him & expressed my concern he offered to either return my deposit or pay him an additional $200 for him to go to home depot & get the items needed so I replied accepting his offer to just return my $290 deposit but as soon as I accepted his offer the seller immediately went MIA & my repeated text msgs went unreturned & unresponded to so I filed a PayPal claim against the seller but now after a few weeks of this seller going MIA all of a sudden just pops up leaving me threatening text msgs & vm ph msgs & saying that he told me that my upfront 1/2 down deposit was non refundable when thats completely untrue as he never said that but says he did even tho I have a previous text msg from him offering to return my 1/2 upfront deposit - so if he’s now saying my 1/2 upfront deposit is not refundable, then how come he previously offered to return it to me? Now he’s threatening me saying he has a very good lawyer & i’m thinking who in their right mind would hire some expensive attorney over a $290 deposit that should rightfully be returned back to the buyer for a 1/2 deposit in barn doors that never showed up to be installed for the 1/2 balance owed on the purchase when an attorney is going to cost this seller so much more money than my $290 claim. And also, the seller is saying he went & filed “Theft of Services charges” against me when i’m wondering why would someone do that when they’re the one that took my 1/2 upfront $290 deposit & kept it for themselves & then went MIA on me (the buyer) instead of delivering them as agreed & promised so Can Someone in the Community please offer me some helpful advice with my delimma when all J want is just my original 1/2 down deposit back for undelivered double barn doors merchandise & the undelivered install service of the doors I never received? I would appreciate any legit good advice - Thank you PayPal Community!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

just file item not received against his brother in law

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.