I need to report seller for mislead the product they are selling online

connieferlam
New Community Member

Hi 

I try to make report from paypal to report about this seller (LCWLKJ) but the systems keep prompting there is error and no ticket is be assigned.

please guide how to report thru the online reporting service.

Thanks

Conniefer 

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@connieferlam 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Khai_Tran
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. But Paypal is denying me because they see the item delivered on the website. Although they never know that that is the fake website to track the shipment tracking. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khai_Tran 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sh0119
Contributor
Contributor

This seller (LCWLKJ) needs to be shut down.  They provided a tracking number, but didn't send the item I purchased.  Rather they sent a tiny plastic toy just so something would actually look like it was being shipped.   I've been waiting for almost 3 months now for the item I purchased.  I'm **bleep** and Paypal will no longer let me try to communicate with the seller since I raised a claim.

Login to Me Too

Ruth1231
Contributor
Contributor
This seller should be shut down. I see them still advertising on Facebook. They take orders for one product and send a stupid plastic toy
Login to Me Too

Khai_Tran
Contributor
Contributor

There are many reports about this seller, but Paypal has yet to investigate this seller. I don't know why they create the community for what? They don't investigate, and they just depend on the fake website to solve the problem. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khai_Tran 

Paypal can't shut down merchants in other countries, all they can do is stop them from using paypal.

If they get enough claims versus successful sales against a merchant then that is what they do BUT a lot of these scam China websites just start over with another name / website. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kristay12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi - I would like to report this seller too- have no recurved goods but they have marked it have been being received- 3 months now
Login to Me Too

Juggle82001
This is also the same issue that I have as well and they don’t care because the claim I filed was suppose to be closed the end of May and they just closed it today and denied my claim also because they shipped out stupid army men and not what was suppose to be shipped PayPal doesn’t care and they really need to block the account from PayPal. There is suppose to be buyer protection from things like this and PayPal isn’t doing a damn thing at all
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.